Denise and Louise chat with guest Tim Storm about the concept of unearned writing, and how to craft prose that’s authentic and plausible.
Listen To Find Out More About:
- The writer’s responsibility to the reader and the story
- Story events and character reactions in relation to plausibility and authenticity
- Salvation events
- Unnatural character realizations
- Contrived plot turns
- Thematic insertions or digressions
- Turning unearned writing into earned prose
- Idea flow in non-fiction
Resources related to the show
- Title Case Converter
- The Allusionist podcast
- Storm Writing School
- Free course from Tim: The Gold Standard Scene: Analyses of Near-Perfect Scenes in Prose Fiction
- Storm Writing School on Twitter
- Storm Writing School on Facebook
- Storm Writing School on Pinterest
Ask Us A Question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast’s Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button.
Denise And Louise
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.